National Fast Food Day is celebrated on November 16 of every year. Fast Food Day is the perfect day to indulge yourself in your favourite kind of fast food. On National Fast Food Day, go out and celebrate the day by eating your favourite fast food with your family members and friends.
“Fast food is popular because it’s convenient, it’s cheap, and it tastes good. But the real cost of eating fast food never appears on the menu.” – Eric Schlosser
History of National Fast Food Day
The exact origin and the creator of National Fast Food Day are still unknown. With the rising popularity of cars in World War I, Fast Food’s becomes famous for the road-bound traveller. The drive-in restaurants were introduced with the popularity of automobiles. White Castle is the first American company who started to sell hamburgers for five cents apiece. From then, the love of fast food began to spread throughout the world, and now it can be seen anywhere in the world. The United States of America has the largest fast food industry in the world, and its restaurants can be seen in 100 countries. Fast Food is a word used for food that can be prepared and served very fastly. Merriam-Webster in 1951 approved the term “Fast Food” in the dictionary. The standard fast-food menu items include hamburgers, sandwiches, fish, fried chicken, chicken nuggets, tacos, pizza, hot dogs, french fries, onion rings, breakfast biscuits, coffee, ice cream and much more.
Facts about Fast Food
Some of the interesting and shocking facts about Fast Food are listed below
- 90% of American children visit McDonald on a monthly basis.
- One fast food hamburger contains the meat of 100 different cows.
- In America, French fries are the most popular fast food.
- A Frosty from Wendy’s contains 14 ingredients.
- Taco Bell’s taco salad contains nearly 52 grams of fat.
- Fountain soda machines contain fecal bacteria.
- American’s don’t visit fast food chains very often.
- Hash browns are worse than cheeseburgers.
- Strawberry milkshakes contain more than 50 different chemicals.
Other Celebrations on November 16
November 16 is also celebrated as
- National Button Day
- International Day for Tolerance
- Have a Party with Your Bear Day
- National Entrepreneurs Day
How to Celebrate National Fast Food Day
The best way to celebrate the day is by visiting your favourite nearby fast-food restaurant and enjoying the taste of your favourite fast food with your family members and friends. Make sure that Just, you don’t go over the limit, because eating too much fast food might cause digestive disorders. Post pictures and share your thoughts on social media about National Fast Food Day by using the hashtag #NationalFastFoodDay or #FastFoodDay.
Thank you for reading the post. You can celebrate every day with Happydays365.org and Happy National Fast Food Day 2021.