International Yoga Day
International Yoga Day is observed on June 21 of every year. It is an Invaluable gift of India’s ancient tradition. There will be unity of mind and body, actions and thoughts, fulfillment and restraint embodiments. It is not like exercise; it is to discover the sense with yourself of oneness. By creating consciousness and changing the lifestyle, it could help in well-being. It is very beneficial and necessary for all the human being when day by day practices in the early morning. International Yoga Day is a worldwide event that celebrated through practicing yoga, meetings, debates, etc., of all countries.
“Yoga is not about self-improvement, it is about self-acceptance.”
History of International Yoga Day
International Yoga Day was celebrated all over the world on 21st June of every year, and it was declared by the United Nations General Assembly on December 11 in 2014. Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi announced the day to the United Nations General Assembly on 27th of September in 2014. Also, he called the United Nations General Assembly for adopting 21st of June as World Yoga Day for the people to get all benefits of Yoga. It will encourage the people to maintain their knowledge by practicing and learning about the Yoga. Policies will be adopted by the Governmental and Non-governmental agencies to improve the practices of the citizens all around the world to get all the benefits.
Main Objectives of International Yoga Day
The primary objectives behind the creation of International Yoga Day or World Yoga Day are listed below
- International Yoga Day makes people learn about the benefits of Yoga & Meditation.
- Yoga Day brings the awareness about the importance of Meditation.
- Yoga helps the people to maintain and develop their physical & mental health.
- Yoga paves a connection between Development of Sustainable Health and Health Protection.
- It gives natural and amazing benefits to every individual.
- It makes every individual connect with Natural Environment.
- Yoga makes every individual do good tasks in the country.
- Yoga will let the people strengthen their coordination with the world.
- Yoga can help anyone to relief from their Bad conditions.
- Yoga will make the people reduce their rate of diseases.
Other Celebrations on June 21
June 21 is also celebrated as
- Take Your Dog To Work Day
- National Daylight Appreciation Day
- World Music Day
- World Giraffe Day
- National Peaches and Cream Day
- World Humanist Day
- Go Skateboarding Day
- National Selfie Day
How to Celebrate International Yoga Day
Celebrate the International Yoga Day by conducting the events to know that regular practice of yoga will lead to better physical and mental with intellectual health. The lifestyle of the people changes positively and level of well-being is increased. Raise awareness on social media about the importance of Yoga by using the hashtags #InternationalYogaDay or #YogaDay or #WorldYogaDay.