International Yoga Day is observed on June 21 of every year. It is an invaluable gift of India’s ancient tradition. There will be unity of mind and body, actions and thoughts, fulfillment and restraint embodiments. It is not like exercise; it is to discover the sense with yourself of oneness. By creating consciousness and changing the lifestyle, it could help in well-being. It is very beneficial and necessary for all human beings when day by day practiced in the early morning. International Yoga Day is a worldwide event that is celebrated through practicing yoga, meetings, debates, etc., in all countries.
“Yoga is not about self-improvement, it is about self-acceptance.”
History of International Yoga Day
International Yoga Day is celebrated all over the world on the 21st of June every year, and it was declared by the United Nations General Assembly on December 11, 2014. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the day to the United Nations General Assembly on the 27th of September in 2014. Also, he called the United Nations General Assembly to adopt the 21st of June as World Yoga Day so that people get all benefits of Yoga. It will encourage people to maintain their knowledge by practicing and learning about Yoga. Policies will be adopted by Governmental and Non-governmental agencies to improve the practices of citizens all around the world to get all the benefits.
Main Objectives of International Yoga Day
The primary objectives behind the creation of International Yoga Day or World Yoga Day are listed below
- The day makes people learn about the benefits of Yoga & Meditation.
- Yoga Day brings awareness about the importance of Meditation.
- Yoga helps people to maintain and develop their physical & mental health.
- Yoga paves a connection between the Development of Sustainable Health and Health Protection.
- It gives natural and amazing benefits to every individual.
- It makes every individual connect with Natural Environment.
- Yoga makes every individual do good tasks in the country.
- Yoga will let people strengthen their coordination with the world.
- Yoga can help anyone to relieve their Bad conditions.
- Yoga will make people reduce their rate of diseases.
Other Celebrations on June 21
June 21 is also celebrated as
- National Daylight Appreciation Day
- World Music Day
- World Giraffe Day
- National Peaches and Cream Day
- World Humanist Day
- Go Skateboarding Day
- National Selfie Day
- World Hydrography Day
How to Celebrate the Day
Celebrate International Yoga Day by conducting events to know that regular practice of yoga will lead to better physical and mental intellectual health. The lifestyle of the people changes positively, and the level of well-being is increased. Raise awareness on social media about the importance of Yoga by using the hashtags #InternationalYogaDay or #YogaDay, or #WorldYogaDay.
Thank you for reading the post. You can celebrate every day with Happydays365.org and Happy International Yoga Day 2023.