World Kidney Day is celebrated on the second Thursday of every March. This year it will be celebrated on March 11. It is a global health campaign celebrated annually all over the world by focusing health of the major body organ and kidneys to reduce the occurrence of diseases like health problems. It also commemorated worldwide on an annual basis on the 2nd Thursday of March. The celebration started in the year 2006 by the 66 countries and automatically increased to become 88 countries. It all happened in just two years. Initially, it was celebrated is by the joint committee of International Society of Nephrology as well as International Federation of Kidney Foundations. Already said that it is commemorated every year by the health organizations on the global basis to raise awareness among people commonly that most of the kidney diseases are preventable and also were curable. Health agencies organize this campaign at several places to spread messages about kidney complications and its prevention as well as cure all over the countries.
“It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.” – Mahatma Grande
History of World Kidney Day
World Kidney Day started in 2006 by the joint committee of the
- 2021 – Living Well with Kidney Disease
- 2020 – Kidney Health for Everyone Everywhere
- 2019 – Kidney Health for Everyone Everywhere
- 2018 – Kidneys & Women’s Health. Include, Value, Empower
- 2017 – Kidney Disease & Obesity. Healthy Lifestyle for Healthy Kidneys
- 2016 – Kidney Disease, Act Early to Prevent It!
- 2015 – Kidney Health for All
- 2014 – Chronic Kidney Disease and aging
- 2013 – Kidneys for Life – Stop Kidney Attack!
- 2012 – Donate – Kidneys for Life – Receive
- 2011 – Protect your kidneys: Save your heart
- 2010 – Protect your kidneys: Control diabetes
- 2009 – Protect your kidneys: Keep your pressure down
- 2008 – Your amazing organs!
- 2007 – CKD: Common, harmful and treatable
- 2006 – Are your kidneys OK!
Other Celebrations on March 11
March 11 is also celebrated as
How to Celebrate the Day
There are several ways available to celebrate the day. It can be celebrated by organizing the fundraisers to support the local free clinics regards kidney disease and the other public kidney sources. Take some extra care for your health and also your family members health. To promote awareness on social media, you can use the hashtag #WorldKidneyDay.
Thank you for reading the post. You can celebrate every day with Happydays365.org and Happy World Kidney Day 2021.