National Puzzle Day is celebrated on January 29 of every year. Puzzles are questions that are tough to solve. It requires some unique skills to solve those problems. Puzzles are in different forms namely Crossword Puzzles, Word Search, Jigsaw, Anagrams, Sudoku and Rubik’s Cube. Games like Crossword Puzzles, Anagrams and Word Search are very helpful in increasing the person’s vocabulary and language skills. On the other hand, the games like Sudoku and Rubik’s Cake are very useful in developing persons mathematical and logical thinking skills. Whereas, Jigsaws will be helpful in increasing the Visual and Patience Skills of human beings. Hence National Puzzle Day is a great day to play puzzles before you put into work whether it is a crossword, word search, jigsaw or anything.
History of National Puzzle Day
Jodi Jill Professional Quiz Maker and Syndicated Puzzle Maker, created the National Puzzle Day in 2002 to express her enjoyment in solving the puzzles. She developed classroom lessons for National Puzzle Day and the celebration of Puzzle Day has grown gradually from there. More than fun and entertainment, playing puzzles will have some health benefits. Solving Puzzles in the morning before you put into the work will speed up your brain. Solving problems will help the children will help them to work together, and it will enhance problem-solving skills. Moreover, it will improve creativity, concentration and memory power.
Benefits of Playing Puzzle Games
- Puzzle games not only serve the purpose of deriving fun, but it also educates both adults and children by improving the research skills, spelling and language skills, reasoning ability, the power of concentration and creative abilities.
- Puzzle games force the player to use their general knowledge, memory, spatial imagery, logic and problem-solving skills to solve the puzzles. Hence it raises the Intelligent Quotient (IQ) level of the player.
- In Kids, Puzzle Games enhance their ability to visualise and understand the whole-part relationship. In Adults, it improves their language skills, vocabulary, spelling and research skills.
- Puzzle games will increase the attention span in both adults and children by changing the difficulty level of the challenge.
- Puzzles games which involve partners will help them to learn how to coordinate, share, lead and follow others.
Other Celebrations on January 29
January 29 is also celebrated as
How to celebrate National Puzzle Day
Celebrating the National Puzzle Day is quite easy. Solve the puzzle early in the morning with a cup of coffee before you put into work, school, college or anything. You can create a puzzle party and solve them with the friends and family members. Study more about the history of puzzles and their benefits. With pictures, post your celebrations on social media by using the hashtag #PuzzleDay.