National Love Your Red Hair Day is commemorated every year on November 5. Love Your Red Hair Day is a special day created to celebrate the beauty of those gorgeous red tresses. Red Hair is the symbol of a fiery personality which is ruled by its emotions, a strong-headed person who understands what they want and how to get it. They assume the fire inside matches the fire of the hair, and too much red hair is the definition of what it means to be Irish. Hence, National Love Your Red Hair Day is the perfect day to revel in your utter gingerness, and simply, love your red hair.
“People always say you can’t do a red lip if you have red hair but I’ve never shied away from it. I think you can absolutely do that. It’s more about hair colour and complexion.” – Kate Walsh
History of National Love Your Red Hair Day
Adrienne & Stephanie Vendetti, co-founders of How to be a Redhead created this day in August 2015. Red Hair has several myths associated with it.
- Red Hair is common in Ireland, but it is native to Ireland.
- You can assure that if you have seen an Irish redhead, they got some Norwegian blood.
- Pillaging and Rapacious Vikings brought the red hair to Ireland. As they moved in, they left the fire their souls in the blood of their wives and slave. It seems only appropriate that the same fire that graced their manes should come out in the children, and the attitude to match it.
National Love Your Red Hair Day encourages the people to remember the myths and histories behind the redheads, but also to reveal the strength and beauty which is associated with it.
Other Celebrations on November 5
November 5 is also celebrated as
- Guy Fawkes Day or Guy Fawkes Night
- World Tsunami Awareness Day
- National Men Make Dinner Day
- International Project Management Day
How to Celebrate the Day
The best way to celebrate the day is by taking special care of your red hair. Then pick up an outfit that augments it and let your hairstylist do amazing things with it. Then gather your friends who had redheads and take pictures with them for good memories. Then share those beautiful moments on social media’s by using the hashtag #LoveYourRedHairDay.
Thank you for reading the post. You can celebrate every day with Happydays365.org and Happy National Love Your Red Hair Day 2020.