National Chocolate Covered Cherry Day is celebrated on January 3 of every year. Chocolate-covered cherries are simple, fun or sophisticated, elegant, and delicious. Chocolate-covered cherries are not only a holiday sweet but also popular on other days of the year. Some of the Chocolate cherries contain cherry syrup liquid at the center, while others may contain Liqueur. So National Chocolate Covered Cherry Day is a perfect day to relax and have some experience tasting Chocolate Covered Cherries.
“I am more at with my log cabins that I am in my house in Cherry Hill.” – Muhammed Ali
History of National Chocolate Covered Cherry Day
In 1929, Cella’s Confections in New York introduced National Chocolate Covered Cherry Day. They become so famous within a few years. In 1985, Tootsie Roll bought the Cella’s Confections from the Masaryk Family. Because of the cherry syrup Liquid at the center and gooey taste, they become so familiar around the world as the years go on. Sometimes chocolate-covered cherries are also referred to as cordial cherries. The plump cherry offers a classic ‘snap’ when biting into it and is accompanied by a 100% liquid center, which is unique in eating.
In the 1700s, cherries were enclosed in chocolate with a little kirsch (cordial) liqueur in England. When they find they find their way to America, people change the content with the small bit of alcohol surrounding the fruit that had been dipped in chocolate. The pitted cherries that are used had cooked in sugar syrup and then they will be jarred. Many recipes mime the flavor of the long-known and well-loved candy.
How to make Chocolate Covered Cherry
- 60 maraschino cherries with stems.
- 2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar.
- Three softened tablespoons of butter.
- 1 pound of coated chocolate confectioners.
- Three tablespoons of corn syrup.
How to Make:
- Initially, drain the cherries and set them on paper towels to dry.
- In a bowl of medium size, combine butter and corn syrup until smooth. And then Stir in confectioners sugar and knead until they become dough.
- Then Chill them to stiffen if needed.
- Then Wrap each cherry in about one teaspoon of dough.
- Chill until they firm.
- Melt the confectioners coating in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Dip each cherry in by its stem, and place them on waxed paper-lined sheets. And then allow them to chill until they are completely set.
Other Celebrations on January 3
January 3 is also celebrated as
How to celebrate National Chocolate Covered Cherry Day
Celebrating the day is quite easy and easy to remember. Simply make Chocolate Covered Cherries of your own and share them with your family members, friends, and even co-workers. Take pictures while eating Chocolate Covered Cherries and share them on social media using the hashtag #ChocolateCoveredCherryDay.
Thank you for reading the post. You can celebrate every day with Happydays365.org and Happy National Chocolate Covered Cherry Day 2023.