April Fools Day falls on April 1 of every year. April Fools Day is celebrated by playing practical jokes and by spreading hoaxes. The jokes and their victims on that day are called April fools. People are celebrating April Fool jokes by exposing their pranks by shouting April fool. Even though the day is very popular since the 19th century, the day is not a public holiday in any country. Hence April Fools Day is a perfect day to play with your family members and friends by exposing your harmless pranks and jokes.
“You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.” – Abraham Lincoln
History of April Fools Day
The origin and the inventor of April Fools Day are still unknown. But the day becomes a tradition to pull jokes and pranks on family members, friends, and neighborhoods in a harmless way. Generally, we plan, and scheme, but often the yuks become funnier in our imaginings than how they play out in reality. But it doesn’t stop us from sending the little kid to us out on a rampage. Even the staid will be known to indulge in a practical joke or two and hence beware of trusting anyone on April Fools Day.
April Fools Day Pranks
- Put the few drops of food coloring in the pitcher of milk (choose your kid’s favorite shade) and make sure that she is watching, when you nonchalantly fix her morning bowl of cereal.
- Fill your children’s usual juice cup with gelatin after dinner and place it in the refrigerator. In the morning when the drink is firm, offer your little one a sip and watch him wonder what happened.
- Buy a bag of yellow onions and dip them in melted candy to make them look like caramel apples. Offer the family pungent pranks after dinner. But be sure to have some real sweets ready, too.
- Paint a bar of soap with clear nail polish and let it dry. Put the low-sudsing detergent in the shower and wait for the questions to begin.
- Over the sink, poke the tiny pinholes into a plastic water bottle by using a sewing needle. Then, gently wipe them down outside and set the bottle on the counter. When someone picks it up, the pressure of their hand will cause a light spray of water to go everywhere.
- Swab inside of the bathtub faucet with blue food gel dye. When your child turns the handle, they will get a big blue surprise at bath time.
- After the kids go to bed on March 31, sneak into their playroom and replace their Legos with candy blocks. They will wish Lego Batman was with them to use his “world’s greatest detective” skills to figure out why their blocks won’t stick.
April Fools Day Quotes
“Dear Friend, I am surprised at your wit, your intellect, your wisdom,
andyour knowledge. But more importantly, I am surprised at my false praise of you.” – Happy April Fools Day 2023
“Mistakes can be good for us, they teach us where we’ve gone wrong so that we can come closer to finding out what’s right.”
“The full area of ignorance is not mapped. We are at present only exploring the fringes.” – Happy April Fools Day 2023
“The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.”
Other Celebrations on April 1
April 1 is also celebrated as
- National Atheist Day
- National Sourdough Bread Day
- Reading is Funny Day
- National One Cent Day
- International Pillow Fight Day
- Tangible Karma Day
How to celebrate the day
Celebrating the day is quite simple and easy to remember. Just play harmless pranks and jokes with your family members, neighbors, and friends. If you don’t know any pranks to fool others, you can use the above-mentioned April Fool Day Pranks. Then share those enjoyable moments on social media with pictures by using #AprilFoolsDay.
There are more than 1200 National Days in a year, and you can celebrate every day with Happydays365.org and Happy April Fools Day 2023.