National No Dirty Dishes Day is celebrated on May 18 of every year. The day gives us all a break from the usual daily routine. You can celebrate this day by either washing all the dishes you can or by not washing any dirty dishes.
“My life will always have dirty dishes. If this sink can become a place of contemplation, let me learn constancy here.” – Gunilla Brodde Norris
History of National No Dirty Dishes Day
The founder and the exact origin of the day are still unknown. Dirty Dishes are part of everyone’s life. A lot of money, time, and energy are spent every day on washing and drying the dishes and putting them away. No Dirty Dishes Day with unknown origins encourages people around the world to take a break from doing the dishes for a day and to spend the day doing some fun activities.
Other Celebrations on May 18
May 18 is also celebrated as
- National Visit Your Relatives Day
- International Museum Day
- Global Accessibility Awareness Day
- National Notebook Day
How to celebrate the day
You can celebrate No Dirty Dishes Day by
- Cleaning all the dirty dishes, so that your kitchen will be clean and sparkly.
- Or, don’t wash any dirty plates on this day. Pile them up and clean them on next day.
- Make this Day even more fun by eating all your meals out to make dirty dishes.
- You can also use disposal paper plates instead of
Post pictures and share your celebrations on social media by using the hashtag #NoDirtyDishesDay.
Thank you for reading the post. You can celebrate every day with Happydays365.org and Happy National No Dirty Dishes Day 2023.