National Love Your Pet Day is celebrated on February 20 of every year. National Love Your Pets Day is a day to show your love and extra attention to your pets. It is also a day to concentrate on the special love that you have with your pets. Pets are the companion animal which kept primarily for our company, entertainment,
“If I could be half the person my dog is, I’d be twice the human I am.” — Charles Yu
History of National Love Your Pet Day
The exact origin and the founder of National Love Your Pet Day is still unknown. Regular walking with the dog can supply both the human and doh with exercise, social interaction and air. Pets can give perfect companionship to peoples who do not have regular social interaction with other people and to the people who are living alone. The most grown and popular pets are dogs and cats. But in some places, other animals like pigs, ferrets, rabbits, red foxes and birds like canaries, parrots, fowl and fishes are also grown as Pets. Some of the scholars, animal organisations, ethicists have raised concern over pet-keeping with regards to the autonomy and objectification of nonhuman animals. Whatever may be the pet companion, we are sure that you will enjoy by spending some time with them on the National Love Your Pet Day. On February 20, show your appreciation to the pets by dressing them with the different dresses.
Other Celebrations on February 20
February 20 is also celebrated as
How to Celebrate National Love Your Pet Day
There are several ways to celebrate National Love Your Pet Day.
- Dogs always love to smell and explore new places. So take them out for a walk. If the dogs are old, swimming can be a perfect alternative.
- Give your pets a special treat.
- Providing shelder to your pet is a great way to show your love towards your Pet.
- Dress them in different kinds of dresses.
- Fostering is a perfect way to make a huge difference in a shelter dog’s life. There is a rescue group in your area that would love to have you volunteer with them.
Take pictures with your pets and share those images on social media by using the hashtag #LoveYourPetDay.